Tuesday 20 November 2012

BACK FROM LANZAROTE..missing the sunshine already


Phil, Alison and Dave, our first full day there


Our last meal before returning
The view from our room one morning...
all the rooms over look the pool and the beach
The reception overlooked the bar where all the evening entertainment went on a green oasis...
we were the other end of the hotel this time but the view was still great..
and I won't bore you with any more holiday snaps but we had another fantastic holiday with our best friends 
Dave and Alison...thanks for making the holiday great, we are now planning the next one,
 may be in March 2013...can't wait xx

HOLIDAY CROCHET
Only managed a little crochet while away
a second 4 square block on the soft and light weight what ever it turns into and the beginnings of another cushion in some wool I bought there, I was having withdrawal symptoms, missing my moss stitch blanket that I started before going away. So I just had to buy some yarn and start a moss stitch cushion.
not that happy with it but it got me over the moss stitch craving lol
Fabulous holiday but good to be back too, and I arrived home to a complete pdf copy of my book in full colour, I have done this morning...looking colourful and feeling real now...looking great.

Sorry I can't show you any of it but for those that have asked, GMC are hoping to have it published by MAY 2013, any update on that and I will let you know
next stage will be with the printers and the first proofs.

Catch you tomorrow with another little experiment 
Missing the sunshine already.
I bought a few lovely things including the wrap and the necklace I have on in the picture.

Hugs to all xx

8 comments:

  1. It all looks lovely Sue - glad you had a good time - will boost the old batteries before Winter sets in!! We are having a stall here if you are interested....

    Marton Village Hall Craft Fair

    Saturday 24th November

    10am - 4 pm

    (About 18 miles from Shrewsbury on the B4386).
    We would love to see you and I am sure there will be lots of lovely things at the fair - perfect Christmas gifts! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo,
      Sorry won't make it, the friends we went on hols with are over on Saturday a thank you meal for Phil doing all the driving while we were away.
      Good luck though hope it goes well for you both and you sell up.
      Ca't believe how close Christmas is now, must get my decorations head on soon, still not sure what we will do this year. If we didn't have the cats to sort it would be back in Lanzarote lol.

      Must catch up soon
      Hugs to you both.
      Sue xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Sue, I'm a new follower to your blog and I just wanted to say hi and the blanket you started on your holiday looks lovely :) The colours are really pretty! Elisabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth and welcome to Suz Place, hope you find lots to amuse. Shout if I can help in any way
      Hugs Sue xx

      Delete
  3. Lucky you to have such a fabulous vacation! What a treat to return home to the prototype of your book. How exciting life must be for you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, thanks it is yes lol, can't believe my luck this year...my stars always said my life would be it's most exciting in the later years, definitely true.
      Hugs Sue xx

      Delete
  4. You are looking smashing in your new wrap and necklace. So glad you had a great time. There is plenty of time to crochet at home, vacations are for warm sunny adventures.
    Hugs to you,
    MEredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meredith, hehe thanks always seem to buy beads and scarves/wraps on holiday, stock a shop with them now hehe
      We love Lanzarote almost bought a place there a few years back, but not sure now I could survive the lack of wool shops on the Island. May be I could open one hehehe.
      Hugs Sue xx

      Delete