Thursday 15 October 2015

CROCHET: 'V' Stitch

'V' STITCH AND ITS VARIATIONS

There are a number of versions of 'V' stitch, mostly with a chain stitch added between the pairs of stitches

Like this chart from you tube
Sue version
I Like to do my own version..a firmer fabric, that gives a lovely soft but very square and neat edged fabric 

SCARF PATTERN
A wip so I will add finished pictures asap
 Alternate rows of a base colour and a selection of one row colours..carry the base colour inside the coloured row stitches


I'm making a long scarf using the no chain between version.
A quick and effective stitch with a ripple effect

Using the easy base ch start
LINK HERE to the how to do the easy base chain start.

Another version is..
Double 'V' Stitch chart from You tube







3 comments:

  1. I love the V-stitch and have already used it for scarves and love the look of it. I'd like to try the cluster V stitch next time and have already got the yarn I want to use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Sandra....have you tried the close V stitch? no chain stitch looks the same but slightly firmer?
      What yarn are you using? this one is in Alpaca xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete