Sunday 29 March 2015

Red Heart, Boutique Treasure.....

In waterfall, 4 balls given to me by a Canadian friend at knit and natter last Wednesday 

Hexagon Scarf/wrap Pattern
This Wrap is made in Red heart Boutique Treasure a chunky yarn in Waterfall
 4 balls used
5/6mm hook depending on your tension 
Hex measures approx 5.5" 14cms flat side to flat side

US Terms
A finger wrap of 5 wraps,
Round 1: ch2 counts as fist dc, 12 dc into circle, sl st to complete [12 dc]

Round 2: ch4 counts as first dtr, (Yarn over 3 times) 2dtr in first 2 sts, ch4 repeat 5 more times, els t to complete (6 sides)

Round 3: 2dc, ch3, 2dc in ch4 sp, 1dc in next 4 sts, repeat for all sides sl st to complete. (6sides)

Join As you go in every stitch and use the middle ch st of round 3's ch3, as the corner joining st. Join a centre row of 11 hex's, then add a row of 10 hex's each side for a scarf 
66" x 15" {168cm x 38cm}

Finish
 with a round of dc, one in each st 2dc, ch3 2dc in the corners and miss 2 sts in dips

Thank you thank you thank you it's gorgeous and all for me this one 

13 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I have never worked with that kind of yarn but I have seen it, and it made your shawl perfect. I love the soft neutral colors without it being to plain. It really is gorgeous and what a good friend you have! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Crystal
    Crochet, A Day In The Life
    http://krystlewv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope she doesn't want it back when she sees it made up lol

      Delete
  2. It looks great with the colour of that coat or dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Samdra, thanks it's my favourite cardy but on its last legs really I will need to find another in the same colour to go with the wrap.
      Hugs x

      Delete
  3. Wow, that wrap looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that! I have a scarf made out of Red Heart Boutique Treasure in Abstract and one in Mosaic. I really like the colors. I'll have to give "Waterfall" a try. I've been OCD about trying the "Spectrum" colorway as well.

    Fabulous Wrap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry it's watercolour I got it wrong....love the yarn hope to use lots more now I've tried it once I'm hooked xx

      Delete
  5. It is beautiful Sue, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the colours on this scarf. Is there a pattern for this please Sue ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI AriesVal, sorry never wrote a pattern, but i might in the new year going to do a few patterns on Ravelry next year xx

      Delete